]> git.vpit.fr Git - perl/modules/Thread-Cleanup.git/blobdiff - lib/Thread/Cleanup.pm
Clarify a sentence in doc
[perl/modules/Thread-Cleanup.git] / lib / Thread / Cleanup.pm
index 1a51b89d282c771ef4e619c260c8a567e5e2442e..43b3c06d12408fc0e7a5a5dcb8c661bb3d92ca60 100644 (file)
@@ -11,14 +11,14 @@ Thread::Cleanup - Hook thread destruction.

=head1 VERSION

-Version 0.05
+Version 0.06

=cut

our $VERSION;

BEGIN {
- $VERSION = '0.05';
+ $VERSION = '0.06';
  require XSLoader;
  XSLoader::load(__PACKAGE__, $VERSION);
 }
@@ -40,7 +40,7 @@ This module allows you to hook thread destruction without fiddling with the inte

It acts globally on all the threads that may spawn anywhere in your program, with the exception of the main thread.

-The hook will also be called when pseudo-forks (i.e. processes spawn on Windows for the C<fork> emulation) terminate.
+The hooks registered with this module will also be called when pseudo-forks (i.e. processes spawn on Windows for the C<fork> emulation) terminate.

=head1 FUNCTIONS

@@ -49,22 +49,26 @@ The hook will also be called when pseudo-forks (i.e. processes spawn on Windows
     register { ... };
     &register($coderef);

-Specify that the given block or code reference C<$coderef> will have to be called (in void context, without arguments) every time a thread finishes its job.
-More precisely,
+Specify that the given block or code reference C<$coderef> will have to be called (in void context, without arguments) every time a thread or a pseudo-fork terminates.
+More precisely :

=over 4

=item *

-it will always be called before the joining for joined threads ;
+For joined threads, it will be called when C<join> succeeds, after any C<END> block local to the spawn thread ;

=item *

-it will be called for detached threads if and only if they terminate before the main thread, and the hook will then fire at C<END> time ;
+For detached threads, it will be called if and only if the thread terminates before the main thread, and the hook will then fire at global C<END> time ;

=item *

-it won't trigger for the destruction of the main thread.
+For pseudo-forks, it will be called when C<waitpid> succeeds, after any local or global C<END> block ;
+
+=item *
+
+It will never trigger for the destruction of the main thread.

=back